It is SO good to be back at ROP! We’ve got a growing movement for rural justice, we’ve got a new ROP baby, and we’ve got Cara Shufelt returning to us after a year away! From Cara: In June, 2008 I left my staff position at ROP to begin a year […]Read More
ROP is joining a multistate caravan to California this week to protest deportation and demand immigration reform now.
Real people’s lives are being impacted right now by our broken detention and deportation systems.
* My friend who is a high school counselor is spending this week in Tacoma in court because one of her students is in the process of deportation to a country he’s never been to and only has distant relatives who live there.
* 300 farmworkers lost their jobs in Polk County recently
* 350 workers were recently detained in Laurel, Mississippi.
* And nearly 60% of immigrants detained this past year were handed over by local law enforcement, though most do not have a criminal conviction.
This system is hurting families every day. And ROP leaders Steve Milligan & Jerry Atkin are hitting the streets this week to speak out (or, getting on the bus that is!).
Tax Fairness is essential to building a Democratic Economy where we all contribute a fair share of our income for the common good & all are able to access the basic services that we need. That’s why the upcoming special election is so crucial to Oregon’s future and the broader movement for a People’s Economy. […]Read More
Monthly Message Archive
- Monitor your local newspaper for articles or letters relating to immigration, alerting the RMC when you spot something of interest.
- Submit letters to the editor to your local newspaper and/ or help recruit others to submit LTEs.
- Keep in contact with the ROP RMC staff, Kari, about other opportunities to share the pro-human dignity messages and stories.
- A Monthly “Welcoming Message” with the theme of the month, talking points and a sample letter,
- Support on getting your letters and opinion-editorials published in the paper,
- Connections with other RMC leads around the state,
- Trainings on messaging, writing, and Being the Media,
- Creative problem solving,
- Resource materials for you to utilize.
So you want to help bring tax fairness to Oregon? You think it’s important to fund public services like education, health care and public safety? You think that corporations should pay more than $10 to support our state through taxes?
As always, we’d love to answer questions and help strategize with you: 503-543-8417, email@example.comRead More
Congressman Wu needs to hear from you! On September 16th, Congressman Wu declared his support for another round of military escalation in Afghanistan. ROP is sending a letter to Wu in response – will you sign on? Signatures are due by 5:00pm Monday, October 12th. Jump to the bottom of the letter to Sign On. […]Read More