Wednesday, April 17, 2013
We are coming up on a record-breaking May Day where thousands of Oregonians will come together at the State Capitol to demand Driver’s License Access for ALL and Federal legislation with a path to citizenship for ALL 11 million undocumented immigrants. Check out the announcement from Causa, Oregon’s immigrant rights group, below!
A few short weeks ago, 50 rural Oregonians participated in the March for ONE Oregon, a week-long bus tour of Eastern Oregon, Idaho, and Washington, making the same call for just reform. A mass mobilization on May Day is the next step our movement is taking toward hard-fought victories. As the Rural Organizing Project, immigrants and immigrant allies, we are dedicated to showing up for this historic moment — and we want all of our best buds — meaning YOU — there with us!
Additionally, ROP has been asked to step up and help May Day in an important way — we have been asked to bring a team of 10 folks who will help with counter-protesters. Causa will provide a training for anyone participating in the team. Contact me at email@example.com if you are intereted in helping make May Day a success!
Will you and your group join us in Salem for May Day?
Let ROP know — email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Need a ride? Have unclaimed seats in your car?
Causa has organized buses leaving from around the state which are listed below, and ROP is coordinating travel out of Scappoose. ROP is happy to help find you a carpool leaving from your area or connect you with riders! Email me at email@example.com and let me know as soon as possible so we can get you connected early!
Can’t make it to May Day? Join us to (hopefully!) celebrate the passage of drivers licenses, tuition equity, and more at our Rural Caucus & Strategy Session on June 8th at the CAPACES Leadership Institute in Woodburn!
Can’t wait to see you in Salem!
- Scappoose: Keyla Almazan 503-543-8417
- Woodburn: Dalila Ortiz 503-902-0756 Ext 16 or Laura 503-710-1317
- Forest Grove: Bridget Cooke & Cristina Delgado 503-707-5944
- Hermiston: Jorge 760-673-9901
- Bend: Greg Delgado 541-390-6213 & Gerardo Zúñiga 541-410-0989
- Madras/Prineville: Sara Ramírez 541-777-0638
- Redmond: Antonia Hidalgo 541-977-0592
- Northeast Portland: Carmen Gutiérrez 971-506-8731
- Gresham: Jensi Albright 971-344-4945
- North Portland: Matt Steele 503-931-6178
Join us for Immigrant Spring in Oregon on Wednesday, May 1st, as immigrants, labor unions, businesses, students, members of LGBT communities, women, children, Latinos, and allies gather at the Oregon State Capitol in Salem for May Day 2013. We will call for Driver’s License Access for ALL Immigrants and Federal legalization with a path to citizenship for ALL 11 million undocumented immigrants.
MAY DAY: Latino Spring 2013
March and Rally for ONE OREGON
Wednesday, May 1st, 2013
Time: 11:00 a.m.
Location: Front Steps of the Oregon State Capitol
900 Court Street NE, Salem, Oregon
1. Driver’s License for ALL immigrants
2. A Path to Citizenship for ALL 11 MILLION Undocumented Immigrants in the US
3. Keeping Families Together
– On May First: Take your kids out of School and bring them to the Oregon State Capitol
– On May First: Ask your employer for permission or a DAY OFF and come to the Oregon State Capitol.
– On May First: NO SCHOOL AT UNIVERSITIES OR COLLEGES and come to the Oregon State Capitol
LETS MAKE HISTORY IN OREGON ON MAY FIRST 2013!
Primero de Mayo: La Primavera Latina 2013
Marcha y Rally por un SOLO OREGON
Miércoles Primero de Mayo del 2013
Hora: 11:00 a.m.
Lugar: Capitolio Estatal de Oregon
900 Court Street NE, Salem, Oregon
1. Licencias de Manejo para todos los inmigrantes
2. Camino a la CIUDADANIA para los 11 MILLONES DE INMIGRANTES INDOCUMENTADOS
3. MANTENAGAMOA NUESTRAS FAMILIAS JUNTAS Y UNIDAS
– El Primero de Mayo: Saque a sus niños de las Escuelas y tráigalos al Capitolio de Salem
– El Primero de Mayo: Pida el día libre o permiso en el trabajo y vengase al Capitolio en Salem
– El primero de Mayo: No vaya a la Universidad o Colegio y vengase al Capitolio en Salem
¡EL PRIMERO DE MAYO haremos historia en OREGON!