Thursday, April 11, 2013
It’s time! Every year we ask that you assemble your human dignity group’s team to attend the Rural Caucus & Strategy Session. Here we are again, making that request for the 20th year in a row — because this year is our 20th Annual Rural Caucus & Strategy Session!
The 20th Annual Rural Caucus & Strategy Session will be Saturday, June 8th at the CAPACES Leadership Institute in Woodburn!
Here are some reasons why your group cannot miss this year’s Caucus:
– Strategize with and learn from fellow organizers from across the state! Every year the Rural Organizing Project brings together rural and small town leaders, activists, organizers and concerned community members for a day of strategizing. We look back on our last year – what we have accomplished, what has changed in our political climate — and we strategize for the year to come.
– Help shape what work ROP and ROP’s member groups will take on over the next year! We will be fleshing out our Commons campaign work that developed out of our rural postal service defense work over the last year and half. How do we reclaim and rebuild our community commons as a means of making sure everyone gets what they need to thrive? What do our communities need to be the vibrant sources of democracy we want and love?
– Get your feet wet, or get totally immersed, in small town racial justice organizing! Our great state is changing, and so is ROP! With rural Oregon’s demographic shifts and ROP’s long-term commitment to racial justice, we have undergone intentional changes within our leadership structure. After several years of intentional exploration in our role in rural Latino organizing, ROP has formally established a Latino Advisory Board to help guide our work, and exploring ways of making our organization work better for our people of color. This work will be proudly represented and strategized around at this year’s Rural Caucus & Strategy Session!
– Be the first to see ROP’s long-term vision! As our human dignity groups know, ROP has been undergoing a year-long strategic planning and long-term visioning project, which kicked off at the last Caucus. We will unveil some of the completed pieces coming out of the process that many of you helped us shape.
– March for ONE Oregon Reunion! Miss all of the pals you made on the bus tour? Meet them at the Caucus! Missed out on the March for ONE Oregon Bus Tour? Find out more about the tour and next steps from bus riders on June 8th!
– What kind of Caucus would it be without a big celebration?! Exciting plans are underway for an evening of fun and celebration as we ring in twenty years of rural justice together!
Register online now — or copy and paste the registration form below and email it to email@example.com — and let us know who will be representing your community this year for the Rural Caucus & Strategy Session on Saturday, June 8th in Woodburn!
Rural Caucus and Strategy Session
The 20th annual gathering of the Rural Organizing Project
Saturday, June 8th, 2012
CAPACES Leadership Institute, Woodburn, OR
Names: (Each human dignity group is encouraged to send a team of 3-5.)
Local human dignity group:
Registration fees*: ROP member groups & early bird registrants receive a discount.
Not sure if your group paid its $50 group dues for 2013? Call the ROP office at 503-543-8417.
Early Registration ($ received before May 6th)
___ $40 for ROP group of 3**
___ $15 for one ROP member
___ $25 for a non-member
Late Registration (after May 6th)
___ $60 for ROP group of 3**
___ $25 for one ROP member
___ $35 for a non-member
I would like help finding housing for _____ people on Friday evening.
I would like help finding housing for _____ people on Saturday evening.
How many people in your group are vegetarian? _________
* * * * * *