Friday, September 18
- Fourth Annual Pinwheels for Peace, 3:30 to 4:45 pm on the Courthouse lawn in Corvallis. Speakers, entertainment by the Raging Grannies and River Rocks, and PINWHEELS! (literally they are making pinwheels from paper and sticks and decorating the courthouse lawn with them)
Saturday, September 19
- First Annual Corvallis Peace Fair, 1:00 to 4:30 pm at Central Park in Corvallis. Musical performance by “Absolute,” Mexican, Hawaiian and Egyptian dance performances, an interactive rhythm circle, games and craft activities for kids, video messages for our sister cities and sister state, and a parade!
- Peace Concert, 7:00 – 8:30pm, First Baptist Church in McMinnville with Yamhill Valley Peacemakers. Featuring stories and songs and visitors from the Hiroshima World Friendship Center.
Monday, September 21
- Interfaith Choral Concert, at 7:00 pm at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Corvallis, 2945 NW Circle Blvd.
- Human Dignity Advocates will be celebrating the International Day of Peace with an all day vigil (7 am – 7 pm) in Pioneer Park in Prineville. Our theme is "Peace Begins When the Hungry are Fed." We’re asking people who stop by our table to bring a non-perishable food item. And at 5:15 there will be an hour of free yoga for people to enjoy in the park.
Friday, October 2
- "The Invasion of Afghanistan, 8 Years Later": Expanded Rally and March for Peace and Justice, 5:00 PM, Pioneer Courthouse Square, SW Yamhill and Broadway in Portland. Organized by Portland Peaceful Response Coalition (PPRC) in cooperation with Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group and others. More info: http://www.pjw.info/afghanistan8ylannounce.html
Saturday, October 17
- Peace March with Community Alliance of Lane County in Eugene. (Check back for details!)