Rural Mutual Aid and Wildfire Response Resources

This list of resources, mutual aid, and wildfire response options was compiled in 2020. Some of the information may be out of date. Send us info at on what you are doing and we can update the list!

General Resources

ROP hosted a Rural Mutual Aid and Wildfire Response Strategy Session on 9/16/2020. Watch the recording here!

Federal funds are available to help eligible individuals recover from wildfire in Clackamas, Douglas, Jackson, Klamath, Lane, Lincoln, Linn and Marion Counties. Go to to find out more!

You can also access federal resources via

You can still vote if you lost your home in the fires! Check with your nearest Post Office about measures they are implementing, or update your voter registration here before October 13th. Not yet registered to vote? Register here!

The state is waiving fees for replacement of vital records destroyed in the fires. More information here.

Resources for farmworkers facing “major disasters” are available here in multiple languages.

Catholic Charities of Oregon can help immigrants replace immigration documents lost or destroyed as a result of the recent wildfires at no or very limited cost. This could include work authorization cards (EAD’s), “green cards,” certificates of citizenship, U.S. passports, and other immigration documents. Contact info:; voice messaging at 541-345-3628, ext. 303; or cell phone 541-543-6539 (receives texts also).

Faith Community Fire Evacuation Host Sites

Cascade Foothills and Willamette Valley

Benton County

Hot meals served daily for evacuees at 5:30 pm at the Benton County Fairgrounds. 110 SW 53rd St, Corvallis, OR.

Benton County Wildfire Response is designed to facilitate community preparedness and recovery. Residents can request help or sign up to donate and volunteer. The donation center at the Corvallis Benton County Library (645 NW Monroe St) is also collecting donations for wildfire evacuees from 8am-5pm.

Lane County

Cottage Grove

ROP, in partnership with the South Lane School District, runs twice-weekly food, hygiene supply, clothing, pet food, housewares, and book-shares. Join us at 632 E Main St on Tuesday from 11 AM – 1 PM and Thursday from 4-6 PM. To donate or volunteer, contact ROP at 503-543-8417 or

Marion County

PCUN is collecting and distributing donations of PPE, food, hygiene items and more to workers impacted by COVID-19 and the wildfires. Call Francisca at (503) 851-5660 to make an appointment and pick up a donation box! Donations can be dropped off or mailed directly to PCUN at 300 Young St, Woodburn, OR 97071. You can also donate funds to purchase supplies here.

Santiam Canyon Wildfire Relief Fund, operated through Santiam Hospital, is collecting donations of goods and funding for people affected by the fires burning along the Santiam Canyon.

McKenzie River Valley

McKenzie River Trust is working with the United Way of Lane County to collect and distribute donated funds to community organizations in Vida, Blue River, and neighboring communities.

Central Oregon


Reach out to the Klamath Tribes Youth Council Facebook page via messenger or call Lead Youth Initiative Coordinator Will Hess at (541) 783-2219 X. 111 for support. Volunteers are available to help distribute donated water, food, personal hygiene products, and other donated items in coordination with Chiloquin Elementary School staff.

Chiloquin Fire and Rescue is accepting non-perishable food, drinks, and personal care products for firefighters. They have already received donations from the food bank and local businesses. Local Chiloquin residents may drop off donations at CF&R in Chiloquin. For more details visit the Chiloquin Fire and Rescue Facebook page.

two people next to the stack of emergency supplies on the parking lot.


The evacuation area is set up at the Lake County Fairgrounds in Lakeview (1900 North 4th St). There is fire information there as well.

Warm Springs

Donations requested for the Warm Springs Emergency Shelter. Check out Central Oregon Peacekeepers for updates on drop off locations and times.

Coast Range

Columbia County

Columbia County Fairgrounds is open and accepting displaced families and livestock at 58892 Saulser Road, St. Helens, Oregon 97051. 503-397-4231

Check out the Columbia County Emergency Management Facebook page for more information.

Lincoln County

Echo Mountain Fire Resources has a list of available shelter, food, and donation sites. Contact the Lincoln City Fires Facebook page to volunteer.

Tillamook County

For those evacuating, the 4H dorms at the Tillamook County Fairgrounds is the evacuation site. They are also able to accept horses, dogs, cats, and other animals. For questions related to housing people and horses call Cami at 503-869-8052. For questions related to housing livestock or domestic animals call Hayden at 503-812-6189.

Southwestern Oregon

A compiled document of Southwestern Oregon fire resources for those who are displaced or want to be of service. Find resources for free shelter and food as well as lists of needed items, donation locations and ways to volunteer.

Rogue Valley Relief Fund: The Rogue Valley Relief Fund will go directly to help people most impacted by these fires in the Rogue Valley. In the short term, this fund will be used to directly meet the needs of those who have been displaced by fires—it will buy tents, meals, gas, and other supplies folks need immediately. In the long term, this fund will support people who have lost their homes in these fires as they rebuild their lives, prioritizing those who have the least access to aid.

Here is a summary of GoFundMes for the Alameda Fire put together via Instagram (@izzy_rodriguez) or Twitter (@issabel__).

Jackson County

Rogue Action Center is posting regular updates on donation pick up and drop off locations to their Facebook page. 

UNETE Oregon– emergency relief for farmworkers, including those not eligible for FEMA resources.

Jackson County Mutual Aid Relief Application: This grant application is intended to provide emergency financial relief for residents of Jackson County that were affected by the recent wildfires.

United Way Jackson County – mid-term to long-term fire relief fund.


Mutual aid donation drop off and pick up site run by Southern Oregon Coalition for Racial Equity is open at Living Waters Church in Medford from 9am-5 pm. Se habla Español. No questions asked and anyone is welcome.


Alameda Fire FAQ: When is it safe to return home, insurance claims, safe drinking water, and more! It also includes a list of needed donation items. Items can be taken to the distribution center at Wagner Plaza.


Orchard Hill teachers from Phoenix/Talent school district and Rogue Action Center volunteers have set up at Home Depot (3345 N Phoenix Road, Phoenix, OR) with lots of supplies. Water, pet food, TP, diapers, food. Please feel free to drop supplies (no clothes please) especially sleeping gear and padding. Or come get stuff if you need it!

two tents with donated supplies on the parking lot next to the home depot.

Josephine County

The Illinois Valley Emergency Relief Fund has established a donation fund, through IVCanDO, to help the affected communities. Donate online or over the phone.

Rogue Credit Union has established a donation fund, through the Rogue Credit Union Foundation, to help the affected communities. Donate online or in-branch, or over the phone.

Josephine County Fairgrounds – 541-476-3215. The fairgrounds are the hub for local relief and are accepting donations that will be distributed to shelters in need. They can use packaged food items that are easy to distribute and will not spoil, fruit and nuts, granola bars, etc. They also need water, diapers, wipes, formula, and baby food.

Parkway Christian Center – 541-479-2639 – 229 NE Beacon Dr., Grants Pass. PCC is specifically asking for donations of folding chairs, cots, pillows and pillowcases. They can also use sleeping bags, blankets, and towels. These items can be new, or gently used and clean. Soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, and toothpaste are also appreciated.

St. Ann’s Catholic Church – 1131 NE 10th St., Grants Pass. They have specifically requested bottled water, prepackaged snacks, bananas, apples, oranges, cleaning wipes.

All donations can be delivered directly to the sites.


Nez Perce Wallowa Homeland is offering free emergency evacuation shelter in Wallowa, Oregon. Lots of space for teepees, RVs, and tent camping with water & electric available. Limited indoor shelter for elders & people unable to camp. Corrals and pasture for livestock. Large industrial kitchen, toilets, and hot showers available!  Need help with travel costs to Wallowa? We might be able to help! Contact, 541-886-3101,

Location: 70956 Whiskey Creek Rd, Wallowa, OR 97885.

Is your community missing from this list? Email to tell us what you are up to and we will update this!

Print Friendly, PDF & Email